Tuesday 15 October 2013

Films...

Many films show adaptation to the body using surgery or special effects.

We watched a film during one of our seminars called 'The skin I live in', where a man loses his wife, his daughter gets raped and kills herself, catches the rapist and overtime with surgery changed the boy into a woman to look exactly like his wife who died. 
I thought the film was incredibly creepy, disturbing yet clever as it shows what surgery is capable aesthetically, physically and psychologically.


















Some films that I find inspirational to create my final images are;

The Hunger Games = Lots of colours are used which I love but the one character that caught my attention was Seneca Crane the Gamekeeper. His beard was beautifully shaved into a symmetrical pattern making something horrible like facial hair seem stunning. 












Alice in Wonderland / The Lion, the With and the Wardrobe = I love both of the white/ice queens in these films as the white is so pure looking with the black and silvers and greys for contrast look amazing.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment