Tuesday 12 November 2013

Evalutation...

My first impressions of this project were intriguing and excitement, but as I did more research and practical seminars, I began to struggle with what route to take with a final outcome. As a developing makeup artist I have discovered I love creating looks that are 'pretty' and I also have a stronger set of skills when it comes to styling hair. This encouraged me to design two final images that I enjoyed creating that also include special effects techniques I have learnt this term. I did not enjoy the SFX unit as much as I had hoped, but my two favourite products were the tuplast and use of crepe hair on the face. I loved how the tuplast was quick and simple to use, dried quickly and created a very realistic vein look. I also loved the practical seminar I had producing fake stubble/beards/moustaches with crepe hair, and as our class is majority girls, it was interesting to see females with such an obviously masculine image. After designing and creating my looks I am really happy with the final outcome, I love how they contrast each other, one being very black and white, the other bright and colourful. On my black and white image, if I could improve anything it would have been to make the bun on my model a lot larger, but she had very knotted hair so I wanted to be careful with it. On my colourful image I love the idea of making facial hair on females look attractive and fun although I would make the side burn patterns neater if I could re-shoot the image. Overall after a lot of thinking, designing and creating I have liked this project and my final images, although I have realised my I do not enjoy special effect makeup us much as other aspects of makeup design.

No comments:

Post a Comment